The much-hyped fight between YouTuber Jake Paul and former UFC fighter Ben Askren didn’t last long.
- Exhibition event taking place tonight, Saturday, April 17, at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta
- UK fans can expect action to get underway after midnight with Paul v Askren slated for 4am on Sunday morning
- FITE TV are broadcasting it in UK from 2am at a cost of £17 – live streamed on social media site Triller in the USA at the price of $49.99
- Justin Bieber and Snoop Dogg to perform as part of a star-studded line-up
(Ad) WATCH JAKE PAUL vs BEN ASKREN ON FITE.TV
Paul v Askren: Undercard
The undercard featured a unique mix of fights including British millionaire nightclub owner Joe Fournier easily defeating Colombian reggaeton musician Reykon.
Former WBA super-lightweight champion Regis Prograis was involved in a very controversial ending to his bout with Ivan Redkach as the Ukrainian feigned a low blow when he clearly took a body shot. Considering they were the two most skilled boxers on display, they had perhaps the most laughable finish of the night.
Ex-UFC heavyweight star Frank Mir managed to go the distance on his boxing debut and gave it a real good go, but former cruiserweight champion Steve Cunningham, who once floored Tyson Fury before losing via KO, was the easy overall winner.
In the main event, Jake Paul showed the power he keeps telling everyone about as Ben Askren failed to adapt to a boxing ring.
A nice jab set-up Paul’s overhand right and despite Askren getting up, the referee called it day.
- Jake Paul def. Ben Askren via knockout in the first round
- Regis Prograis def. Ivan Redkach via technical decision – 60-54, 60-54, 59-54
- Steve Cunningham def. Frank Mir via UD – 60-54, 60-54, 58-56
- Joe Fournier def. Reykon via RTD (corner retirement)
- Junior Younan v Jeyson Minda
- Quinton Randall v William Jackson
BETTING SPECIAL – GET ODDS BOOST ON JAKE PAUL VS BEN ASKREN