How did we ever tackle our home design projects in the days before Instagram and Pinterest? With so much incredible inspiration and design guidance now at our fingertips, it seems almost unimaginable. That said, sometimes it feels like there’s SO much inspo out there, it can be hard to narrow down the truly great resources, the ones that take our breath away with beauty or provide smart ideas to solve our biggest design dilemmas. Since I’m never not working on a home project or two these days, I decided to ask my most design-savvy friends for the best interior design Instagram accounts to follow, and boy did they deliver. Perhaps a little too much, since I’m now following 18 new accounts — they were so good, I couldn’t help myself.
Scroll on for your favorite new sources for #designinspo on Instagram — straight from my friends with amazing taste and incredible homes that ooze character (all are worthy of a follow in their own right!) Trust me, these are the friends who just know.
*featured image above: Gillian Lawlee whose @my.life.in.colour feed is a definite follow from me!
1. Tessa Neustadt. Her LA home is so chic. She combines neutral pieces beautifully and I love that her style is both eclectic and classic.
2. Jen Kay. My friend Jen has the best taste! Her account is a mix of lifestyle, decor, motherhood. Her kitchen reno is to die for – and she’s been helping me get ideas for my upcoming reno!
3. Josh Young. If I could choose one person’s home to move into – it would be Josh’s! His interiors are perfection – he mixes and matches new pieces with beautiful antique ones. His style is classic and romantic.
4. Steve Cordony. This interior designer always has me swooning! He constantly shares stunning vignettes in his farmhouse and I’m endlessly inspired.
5. @manwithahammer. Greg is a complete delight. Not only do I feel camaraderie with him because we are both living in our never ending renovation but also he is so funny and talented. He’s raw and real and I get completely absorbed in watching his work and eagerly await each reveal.
6. Cheap Old Houses. This is just some good old fashioned house porn. I try to convince Adam we need to buy (and move) another house from this account every week!
7. Studio Lowsheen. Mostly posts other people’s work but everything he posts is spectacular and I want to be instantly transported to wherever it is. I save almost every image he shares.
8. ma+partners. I love the mix of aesthetics that this account shares. It all feels cohesive and yet they don’t still to just one design style. It’s always incredible and inspiring and often images I have not seen before.
9. Tom Mark Henry. Love this designer’s personal work as well as the inspiration images he shares. The textures, materials and color palettes are always unique and exciting.
10. Pamela Moell Stiltje. This is the inspiration account of Pamela Moell from Stiltje, a Swedish tile company, and it’s chock full of exteriors and interiors pics. She doesn’t necessarily focus on tiles but she has a good idea for dreamy interiors that I want to jump into.
11. Kasha Paris. I love this account from Kasha Paris, a interior design studio in Paris because I get to scroll through and see all the typical Parisian apartment details like moldings, chevron parquet floors, beautiful giant windows, etc… I also love how they mix antiques and modern looks together, which is something I aspire to do in my home.
12. Melissa Penfold. A friend recently shared this account with me and I immediately did a deep dive and saved a zillion pics. I share a love of ivy covered homes with Melissa Penfold.
13. Flamingo Estate. Flamingo Estate is the place I turn to when I need to feel refreshed and energized, design-wise. This stunning property doesn’t seem to follow any design rules, and certainly doesn’t ascribe to today’s ubiquitous trends. But still, it feels current, and it inspires me to be more fearless in my own projects.
14. Ann Edgerton. Ann is an Austin interior designer and stylist who recently skipped town for a slower-paced life out in quaint Fredericksburg. I always turn to Ann for her impeccable use of rustic materials in modern ways, and her amazing ability to elevate “hill country” style. Her images ooze warmth and simplicity.
15. Nickey Kehoe. I’m not sure how to define the look and feel of this duo, but I do know that I want to fill my home with their furniture and products. Nickey Kehoe is rooted in neutrals, but still, color is no stranger. Everything feels approachable, and their feed is inspiring through and through.
How you want to be credited in the story (ie your title, link to your site or Instagram)
16. Supply Showroom. All that pattern and color goodness served up with a cheeky attitude.
17. Reath Design. Chic to the max and so inspiring.
18. Heidi Caillier Design. Stylish and soft interiors with a twist on the classics.
Did your favorites make the list? Drop a comment and let us know: what are the best interior design Instagram accounts to follow?